Altona Minor Hockey is excited to announce that we are offering a couple of new programs for the 2018-2019 Season
1) Learn & Develop Skating For Kids (ages 4 plus)
Altona Minor Hockey is working with Altona Skating Club (CanSkate program) to teach young kids (ages 4 plus) to skate and transition from learning to playing hockey. The number of young kids playing has been growing and feel this partnership is a great way to teach kids and develop their skating skills and then transition into hockey.
Following is an outline of the program options:
Learn to Skate (LTS)
For kids ages 4 plus who are still learning or want to learn the basics of skating. This is designed to be a fun way to learn to skate without the need for equipment! You can sign up for 1 or 2 days per week. It is part of the CanSkate program with certified teachers and helpers on the ice with the kids.
- Only a helmet & skates required.
- If kids/parents want to move from LTS to Initiation (full equipment with pucks), let us know. AMH will assess in December (after Christmas break).
- You can participate in both LTS and Initiation if you choose (we encourage this).
- The decision to move players from LTS to Initiation will be based on the development of their skating skills and their commitment to attending.
- Cheques for LTS should be made out to Altona Skating Club
- Monday & Thursdays from 4:15-5:00 PM
Develop Your Skating (DYS)
For kids ages 4 plus who know how to skate but want to develop their skating a bit more. We really encourage those that are ages 4-6 (or older) to try this. It is run with the CanSkate program. You can sign up for 1 or 2 days per week.
- For parents/kids that want extra practice skating (only helmet & skates required)
- You can register for this and Initiation or Novice at the same time.
- Registration fee for DYS is in addition to fee for Initiation or Novice.
- Cheques for DYS should be make out to Altona Skating Club
- Monday & Thursdays from 4:15-5:00 PM
This program focuses on having fun and teaching basic hockey skills. Prior to registering your child should have the ability to skate the length of the ice forward, skate the width of the ice backward and can get up on their own. Kids play twice a week (both in Altona) and dress in full equipment. They will play some exhibition games and tournaments as well. We encourage kids to join the DYS option even if playing Initiation.
2) Hockey Night in Altona
In addition to standard weekly practice time Altona Minor Hockey has created a Player Development Skill Night every Tuesday throughout the entire season. This is one of the two regular practice slots for these age groups during the week.
- 4:15 – 5:15 pm Initiation
- 5:15 – 6:15 pm Novice (all teams)
- 6:30 – 7:30 pm Atom (all teams)
- 7:45– 8:45 pm Peewee (all teams)
- 30 minutes of power-skating with certified instructor.
- 30 minutes of skill stations with all coaches from the age group on the ice.
- Skill Stations are designed to develop Hockey Canada Age Specific Core Skills.
- Members from the W.C. Miller High School Hockey Canada Skills Academy will also assist at the skill stations.
- September 10 at WC Miller Collegiate from 6:30-8:30 PM.
- All parents and players must sign the Altona Minor Hockey Code of Conduct when they register.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com
tr>Midget2001, 2002, 2003$625
|Category||Year of Birth||Registration Fee|
|LTS/DYS – 1 day/week||4+ years of age||$125 * Altona Skating Club|
|LTS/DYS – 2 days/week||4+ years of age||$225 * Altona Skating Club|
|Initiation – 2 days/week||2013, 2014||$225|
|Pee Wee||2007, 2008||$575|
|Bantam & Midget Female||2002, 2006||$600|
|Girls League (add on)||Novice, Atom, and Pee Wee||To be confirmed|
* Cheques for LTS and DYS programs should be made out to Altona Skating Club. All other programs please make cheques out to Altona Minor Hockey
Thanks to Friesens Corporation for their print sponsorship