- Online Registration – Follow the registration link on our website: https://altonaminorhockey.com/
- Registration Opens: August 1, 2022 Closes: September 1, 2022
- Payment Deadline – October 1, 2022
- Mail: Print out a copy of your online registration confirmation and mail cheque to: Altona Minor Hockey, PO Box 1978, Altona, MB R0G 0B0
- E-transfer to: email@example.com(NOTE NEW EMAIL ADDRESS)
Make sure to include the name of your player(s) and the level they are playing in the message. e.g. John Smith, U7. use hockey as a password
- Information Night – Wednesday, September 13 at 7:00 pm in the Altona Pioneer Centre. We will host an info session for parents new to AMH. We will provide info specific to L&D, U7, and U9 programs. Altona Skating Club may be present to answer questions and take registration for L&D
|Category||Year of Birth||Registration Fee|
|L&D – 1 day/week||4+ years of age||TBD* Altona Skating Club|
|L&D – 2 days/week||4+ years of age||TBD *Altona Skating Club|
|U15 Male||2009, 2008||$625|
|U15 Female||2009, 2008||$625|
|Female League Single and Double roster options||U9, U11, U13||$185|
*Cheques for L&D program should be made out to Altona Skating Club.
For all other programs please make cheques or etransfer to Altona Minor Hockey.
Below are a few links to apply for assistance/grants/sponsorships:
https://grindstoneaward.com/apply/ (Female players)
MMF Individual Sponsorship Application – MMFMetisYouth.com
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Altona Minor Hockey (AMH) has programs for all ages and skill sets:
Learn & Develop Skating (ages 4 plus)
AMH has partnered with the Altona Skating Club’s Canskate program to teach kids (ages 4 plus) to skate with Skate Canada certified coaches. Canskate is a fun way to learn and strengthen skating skills that transition to strong skaters playing hockey. Sign up for 1 or 2 days per week.
- Monday & Thursdays from 4:15-5:00 PM (tentative times)
- Only a helmet & skates are required.
- If kids/parents want to move from L&D to U7 hockey (full equipment with pucks), let us know. The decision to move players to U7 will be based on the development of their skating skills and their commitment to attending. Prorated fees are applicable.
- We encourage participation in both L&D and U7 hockey.
U7 – This program focuses on having fun and teaching basic hockey skills. Before registering, your child should have the ability to skate the length of the ice forward, skate the width of the ice backward, and can get up on their own. Players practice twice a week and dress in full equipment. They will play some cross-ice exhibition games and tournaments as well. Program to start in October
U9 – Half-ice games, PVMHA league play, and tournaments as arranged.
U11, U13, U15, U18 – Full ice games, PVMHA league play, and tournaments as arranged.
Females – Opportunity to single or double roster for female league for U9-U13. U15 Single roster. Teams may combine with another community to play in the Eastern Manitoba Female Hockey League. U18 Single roster to play in RMFL.
Hockey Night in Altona
In addition to standard weekly practice time Altona Minor Hockey has created a Player Development Skill Night every Tuesday throughout the season. This is one of the two regular practice slots for these age groups during the week.
Ice Schedule (tentative times):
4:15 – 5:15 pm U7 6:30 – 7:30 pm U11
5:15 – 6:15 pm U9 7:45 – 8:45 pm U13
- 30 minutes of power-skating with a certified instructor.
- 30 minutes of skill stations with all coaches from the age group on the ice.
- Skill Stations are designed to develop Hockey Canada Age-Specific Core Skills.
Thanks to Friesens Corporation for their print sponsorship